Skip to main content

One Month to love book review

This book is divided into 30 short chapters that cover all different aspects of relationships in your life. Some people are more easy to love than others, and this definitely helps with the difficulties involved in some people. Some things in this book are very predictable. Such as focusing on the person that you actually with. In the age we live in, it is often easier or more convenient to 'play' on our phones or computers, instead of paying attention to the people that matter the most.
 Each chapter ends with a challenge which includes questions or things to think about and consider. While much of this book is just reiterating what we all should be doing to maintain and straighten our relationships there are some surprising ideas. One that stood out to me is the chapter entitled. ' Practicing the art of risking awkwardness'. 
Included in this chapter is the idea of swallowing your pride and facing the uncomfortable stage where something has happened and usually run away, but instead pushing through and reaching a deeper more meaningful relationship.
This book is as deep as you’ll make it. It is an easy read. But if you follow the format and read 1 chapter each day, and go through the exercises, it is a very effective book.  
You can find it here or for your kindle here
Thank you to WaterBrook Press for providing this book for review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Sugar Meatloaf

Really? Meatloaf? Actually this is really good! We usually have it a few times a month. Super easy too! 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 1/2 cup ketchup 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef {I use 1 pound} 3/4 cup milk 2 eggs {I only use 1 egg} 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper 1 small onion, chopped 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger 3/4 cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs {I usually use pretzels, I never seem to buy saltines} Directions 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan. 2. Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar. 3. In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup. 4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear. {source} What's for Dinner tonight in your house?

BuildASign Review

For a few months I have been playing around with the idea of re-opening my etsy shop. But in doing so I would really want to make a go of it. This meaning, I need inventory, facebook page, business cards, etc. It just seemed like to daunting of a task. I have been working on my inventory for about a month. I still don't have all of the items made that I would like, but I am working on it. Facebook page is up, needs some updating and to be made puuurty but it is created. So on to business cards. I had been contacted by  BuildASign  to review a product of my choice. I jumped at the chance to order some business cards from this very reputable company. I not only wanted a good quality of paper for my business cards, but a customization template that was easy to use. They have it all! With their  Business Card Maker  I was able to create exactly what I was looking for and with very little effort of time. They don't just have business cards. They have a  banner maker , which woul